The bootcamp is designed to give existing employed/self-employed engineers the chance to improve their air pump installation and maintenance skills and has been developed to the requirements of the National Occupational Standard Assessment Programme for individuals who wish to demonstrate competence in this field.
This is coupled with the integration of a Mental Health Awareness qualification to help the self-employed deal with the challenges of working alone and provide general awareness on mental health issues.
This course has the following outcomes:
- Drivers and barriers
- Introduction to air source heat pump systems
- Principles of operation and components
- Health and safety
- System design
- Heat sink circuits
- Collector circuits
- Air source heat pump, installation, testing, and commissioning
- Air source heat pump, maintenance
- Air source heat pump, fault diagnosis and repair
Mental Health Awareness:
• Exploring mental health
• Understand how to support individuals with mental ill health
• Understand a mentally healthy environment
Method of Delivery
The Bootcamp is delivered in a blended learning approach (classroom/remote) with all GLH through facilitated teaching methods.
10-12 days (10-12 weeks part-time)
Level 3 Award in the Installation and Maintenance of Air Source Heat Pumps
Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health First Aid and Mental Health Advocacy in the Workplace