This course is designed for plumbing and heating engineers to provide the necessary skills for the design, installation, testing, commissioning, handover, servicing and fault finding of ground and air source heat pumps in accordance with the latest NOS/QCF.
The course is ideal for experienced plumbing and heating engineers looking to improve their knowledge and understanding of heat pumps.
To attend this course candidates must hold:
- An NVQ Level 2 plumbing or H&V (domestic) or equivalent, or
- An Oil-Fired Technical Services or equivalent earlier certification that provides evidence of competence or
- A Level 2/3 in Gas Installation and Maintenance or equivalent earlier certification that provides evidence of competence, plus:
- A WRAS approved Water Regulations qualification
- An Energy Efficiency qualification
Method of Assessment
Online multiple-choice test, and practical assignment
Level 3 Award in Installation and Maintenance of Air Source Heat Pumps