This qualification allows the learner to acquire basic knowledge and craft skills of electrical installation. It does not require occupational evidence from the workplace, so it is suitable for learners who currently do not work within the electrical Industry and may wish to prepare for study at Level 2. The qualification facilitates progression to further engineering and building services qualifications. It gives the learner an opportunity to practice and be assessed in a secure environment on the basic installation of cables and wiring systems. The qualification does not make the individual an electrician but allows progression to further study.
There are no entry qualifications or age limits required by learners to undertake this qualification unless this is a legal requirement of the process or the environment. Assessment is open to any learner who has the potential to achieve the assessment criteria set out in the assessment.
The qualification comprises the following five mandatory units:
- Health and Safety in Electrical Installation
- Understand fundamental environmental protection measures within building services engineering.
- Installation Methods, Procedures and Requirements
- Electrical Installation Craft Skills
- Electrical Science, Principles and Technology
And two optional units:
- Preparing for an interview
- Managing study and developing learning skills
Method of Assessment
The assessment involves Centre marked practical and theory assessments. The practical assessments can be adapted at the Centre.
EAL Level 1 Diploma in Electrical Installation