The Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment cover a very wide range of areas related to the skills and knowledge required to become a competent and qualified electrician within the electrotechnical industry. The qualification includes 7 mandatory performance units and one bridging unit.
It is designed for mature candidates and those seeking progression in their career. It provides a learner with the opportunity to develop the necessary skills to carry out job roles and responsibilities associated with the installation of electrotechnical systems.
The qualification ultimately enables individuals to be recognised within the industry, as being able to work unsupervised on electrotechnical systems confirming them as employable and occupationally competent electricians. They will also be eligible for JIB grading to work on industrial and commercial sites.
The Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems & Equipment (Buildings, Structures and the Environment) APL route is valid for learners with 2365 L3 or equivalent Level 3 Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Electrical Installation. As part of the assessment for this qualification, candidates must have access to a real work setting where they can demonstrate practical occupational competence to the requirements of the units, consistently over time.
The following need to be completed to achieve the NVQ:
- Applying Health and Safety legislation and working practices (installing and maintaining electrotechnical systems and equipment)
- Applying environmental legislation, working practices and the principles of environmental technology systems
- Overseeing and organising the work environment (electrical installation)
- Planning, preparing and installing wiring systems and associated equipment in buildings, structures and the environment.
- Terminating and connecting conductors, cables and flexible cords in electrical systems
- Inspecting, testing, commissioning and certifying electrotechnical systems and equipment in buildings, structures and the environment.
- Diagnosing and correcting electrical faults in electrical systems and equipment in buildings, structures and the environment.
- Electrotechnical occupational competence (AM2)
- 2365 to 2357 Bridging Unit
Method of Assessment
Assessment includes completion of a bridging unit, onsite observations under real work conditions and the production of a portfolio of work evidence. Learners must also complete the Electrotechnical Occupational Competence (AM2) assessment.
City & Guilds Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems & Equipment (Buildings, Structures and the Environment)
4 – 12 months