The Level 3 Award in Electrical Installation Inspection, Testing, Certification and Reporting is a combined award and covers both initial verification and periodic inspection and testing. The award follows BS 7671 and the Industry recognised IET Guidance Note 3 and the Best Practice Guides from Electrical Safety First.
The award gives an opportunity for individuals to develop and/or enhance their knowledge and skills in the inspection and testing of single and three phase low voltage electrical installations. It is aimed at those who wish to further their career in the electrotechnical sector, electricians who wish to carry out inspection, testing and commissioning; and periodic inspection, testing and condition reporting or those who wish to obtain an Industry recognised qualification.
The topics covered include:
• Understand the health and safety requirements which apply when inspecting, testing and commissioning an electrical installation
• Understand the requirements for inspecting and testing electrical installations
• Understand the requirements for the safe inspection of electrical installations
• Understand the requirements for the safe testing and commissioning of electrical installations
• Understand the requirements for testing pre-energised circuits and energised circuits
• Understand the requirements for the completion of electrical installation certificates and associated documentation
Learners must be at least 16 years old. There are no formal entry requirements for the qualification. However, learners must have the potential to achieve and demonstrate that they have the minimum levels of literacy and numeracy required for the completion of the learning outcomes and the assessment.
Method of Assessment
• Practical demonstration/assignment
• Multiple choice examination
• Practical examination
EAL Level 3 Award in Electrical Installation Inspection, Testing, Certification & Reporting